This history of the football rivalry between Texas and Texas A&M that I compiled for Texas Monthly turned out better than I had imagined. It’s remarkable that when the teams began playing each other, Grover Cleveland was in the White House (for the second time) and Coca-Cola began selling in bottles.
Jeff Beckham’s history of the Texas/A&M rivalry for Texas Monthly is fairly incredible. You get a quarter of the way through it before you get to the point at which the United States entered World War I.
Reblogged from jeffbeckham
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- texasamaggies reblogged this from elizs and added:
- uoftlonghorns reblogged this from elizs and added:
- uofacrimsontide likes this
- aesalazar reblogged this from elizs
- jeffbeckham likes this
- pearlsnapbutton likes this
- elizs reblogged this from jeffbeckham
- dansolomon reblogged this from jeffbeckham and added:
- jeffbeckham posted this